Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ss.

Whispers haunted her steps,
remnants of a past
fighting the decomposition of time.


They hissed at her ankles,
snapping at the heels blistered
by the friction of her flight:





Interesting the thoughts and smells that fly by -- both unmistakeable -- though I try hard to mistake them.
The sun catches my eyes and I squirm to free them.


I want to catch the dull sparkles in your hair and the bright ones in your eyes,
Like the sun tasting my eyes, but nicer and longer.


Wishful thoughts pervade my fogginess,
I asked more than one person to be my sunshine,
and one person has been there consistently,
But oh The Irony!
The one person sunning me always is eclipsing my other stars. . . .
Peace.


Became the sole light in the darkness created by bright light.


I asked to be held somewhere in the depths of my soul.
I screamed somewhere in the depths of my soul.
Sometimes I was answered.


It and I were enough, as I'm still here.


I daydreamed until the days became nights,
and then I stayed awake until the nights became days again.
I watched for the shadow -- someone standing behind me
but the dark eats shadows until they are gone and lights until they are ghosts.


Substance was the only thing left, feeling.
So I reached out blindly, in the dead of the night
and found your arm --
My heart slowed it's pounding and melted in relief --
and I traced it to your shoulder and chin until I found your cheek.
I kissed you there good night,
and then slid away, into my darkness
whispering words I was afraid to say.
But I said them anyways, louder and louder,
until you heard them and turned my way,
and then with a funny, quirky smile,
you said them back and turned away.


Mirrors and glass around me now,
the dark is driving home tonight,
but now I'm chasing shadows,
and still they're chasing me.


When the world was darkness,
I would take your hand.
When the world was darkness,
I could take your hand.
Now the lights are on again,
and I'm afraid it's time,
that I, That I become the one,
the one to say good-bye,
and you the one to wait
for
me
to
return.


Always I'll be there
like the sun peeking above the horizon,
but i don't expect you to ever know
whether it's a good morning or good night.


Good-bye, Sunshine.
Good-bye, Night.
Here is where I'll sleep tonight.




Finally her flight stopped, and she soared.

No comments:

Post a Comment