Wednesday, September 28, 2011

embracing the inevitable mechanism

I am the human robot: a puppeteer's lost plaything
Of seven pieces: threads torn cloth faded
Seven lonely pieces: I dangle from cruel strings
I am the human robot: I hear you human robot

Dissected and neglected: never allowed a moment's rest
Inside the genius's mind: manipulated again
I watch; I fade, I faint
He paces in his room: the audience cares not
His eyes glazed and wandering: the show must go on

I am the human robot
Born of seven pieces
Trapped within the old man's mind
I am the human robot.
and I wished I were a real girl
but we are programmed to obey.
birthed by undiscerning hand
I am the human puppet
I am the soul of knuts and bolts
I am a heart and mind in a cloth cage
You are the dissembler
Who is the true Pretender?
Assemble me in one, two, three
we are the ones who cannot be free
If I could be engendered
I would be understood.
But in his mind
He's locked me tight
and everyone is selfish.
Neglected, used, ignored, abused
We slink through life with bashful eyes
With no need to surrender,
No need to clamor, clank nor clunk

Because I Am mechanics.
and there is no free will in that.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete